MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thomas Mesereau on Piers Morgan CNN 4/2/13 (Transcripts & Video Inside)

4 posters

Go down

Thomas Mesereau on Piers Morgan CNN 4/2/13 (Transcripts & Video Inside) Empty Thomas Mesereau on Piers Morgan CNN 4/2/13 (Transcripts & Video Inside)

Post by Admin Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:18 pm

T-Mez!! I LOVE YOU!!!

The Youtube:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Admin on Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Thomas Mesereau on Piers Morgan CNN 4/2/13 (Transcripts & Video Inside) Empty Re: Thomas Mesereau on Piers Morgan CNN 4/2/13 (Transcripts & Video Inside)

Post by Admin Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:19 pm

Stay tuned for the YT video!

Thomas Mesereau on Piers Morgan CNN 4/2/13 (Transcripts & Video Inside) 1965541534

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Thomas Mesereau on Piers Morgan CNN 4/2/13 (Transcripts & Video Inside) Empty Re: Thomas Mesereau on Piers Morgan CNN 4/2/13 (Transcripts & Video Inside)

Post by Admin Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:31 pm

Piers Morgan Live ‏@PiersMorganLive 4m "If they thought he was that flaky...why in the world did they go into business with him?" Tom Mesereau on #Jackson #AEG

Piers Morgan Live ‏@PiersMorganLive 6m "I was his lead criminal defense counsel...he was lucid, he was articulate..I did not see drug use during the trial" Tom Mesereau #Jackson

Piers Morgan Live ‏@PiersMorganLive 10m "I think Katherine (Jackson) and the kids have a strong case" Defense Attorney Tom Mesereau on civil case against concert powerhouse #AEG

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:32 pm

Piers Morgan Live ‏@PiersMorganLive 7m "He has never taken responsibility for what he did..he wasn't professional, he violated medical ethics" Tom Mesereau on Dr. Conrad #Murray

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by midangerous Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:20 pm

Oh gosh! I'll record that!
midangerous
midangerous

Back to top Go down

Post by midangerous Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:51 am

Great interview!
midangerous
midangerous

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mod Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:25 pm

I found the transcripts from the T-mez interview last night- will post below. Mesereau did such an amazing job, I love that man so much I cannot even begin to express it!
MJ Mod
MJ Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mod Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:27 pm

PIERS MORGAN LIVE
Aired April 2, 2013 - 21:00 ET

EXCERPT:

MORGAN: Anderson Cooper just a few minutes ago talking to Conrad Murray and asking him the key question, who hired him? Murray's lawyer wouldn't let him answer, but the Jackson family is suing concert promoter AEG, saying the company is to blame for hiring Murray in the first place.

Joining me now, a man who knows Michael Jackson pretty well better than most people. Thomas Mesereau, who represented him, of course, during his molestation trial. Tom, fascinating interview that he had there with Anderson Cooper. What did you make of it, in particular that first clip there which I guess is into the key of all this. Who was employing Conrad Murray to be a practitioner for Michael Jackson?

THOMAS MESEREAU, MICHAEL JACKSON'S FORMER ATTORNEY: Well, there's no question in my mind, Piers, that the concert promoter employed Conrad Murray. Michael Jackson may have introduced Murray to them. But they had their lawyers draft an employment agreement, they sent that agreement to Murray to sign, he signed it. Apparently there's e-mail correspondence where they're admitting they had employed him. And I think they'll have a tough time getting out of that position.

MESEREAU: How will that affect the litigation that's about to start tomorrow with the family led by Michael's mother suing for $40 billion? How will that affect that, if you assume that what you've just said is correct, which I concur with? MESEREAU: I don't think this Conrad Murray interview is going to affect that case at all. I think everyone knows that Murray was incompetent. He was convicted of criminal negligence. He caused the death of Michael Jackson.

The question is, was AEG, the concert promoter, also negligent, and they can't just hide behind Conrad Murray. I think there's an e-mail trail where they're taking responsibility for hiring him. They're instructing him what to do, they're reminding him that they pay him his money. I think they'll have a tough time. I think Katherine and the kids have a strong case.

MORGAN: Let's listen to another clip. This is where he talks about Propofol, which is of course the killer drug.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

MURRAY: Yes, indeed, I did order Propofol to his home, but I was not the one that brought Propofol into his home. I met him at his own stash. I did not agree with Michael. But Michael felt it was not an issue because he had been exposed to it for years and he knew exactly how things worked. And given the situation at the time, it was my approach to try to get him off of it. I never knew he was an addict. He was going to Dr. Kline's office and being loaded up with humongous -- you know, levels of Demerol. That was his addiction. And basically, this was causing his insomnia and -- because that's a huge side effect.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

MORGAN: And you hear -- I listened to Conrad Murray when he came out. He obviously didn't testify in his case but he then gave an interview to the Today Show at the time, and it's sort of more of the same, I guess. Very much you can't blame me, you know.

But in the end, he was the doctor who was being paid to care personally for Michael Jackson. It all comes down to him, doesn't it, in the end?

MESEREAU: Well, not all of it. He is the doctor that treated Michael Jackson. He's responsible for his death. The question is, should AEG, the concert promoter, have hired him? Should they have supervised him properly, and did they have enough information to know that he was a danger to Michael Jackson, should they have fired him?

There are three theories the plaintiffs are relying on. They're saying they negligently hired him, they negligently supervised him and they negligently kept him around. Three different theories. They had agreed to provide medical equipment. Murray actually had asked for a CPR equipment, portable equipment. He asked for a gurney. He wanted saline. He wanted syringes. They agreed to provide this equipment to him and never did.

So, I think the negligent supervision issue and negligently keeping him on when it was obvious he was deficient and they had problems with him, I think is going to be a big hurdle to overcome. MORGAN: I have two clips to play. This is from interviews with Jermaine Jackson and then Latoya Jackson. Both talking about the people around Michael Jackson, including AEG. Let's listen to these back-to-back. First Jermaine, then Latoya.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

JERMAINE JACKSON, BROTHER OF MICHAEL JACKSON: They were only concerned about the show, moving the show forward.

MORGAN: These are people working for AEG?

J. JACKSON: These are people working for AEG, working for him, working for the show.

LATOYA JACKSON, MICHAEL JACKSON'S SISTER: They controlled everything that he did, the people that were around him. They knew he wasn't healthy enough to do those shows, but yet they said he was fine.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

MORGAN: Now, when you hear the family talk like that, not entirely surprising, but certainly a familiar pattern. From Michael's father to his mother to the siblings, all repeating this same pattern about how they believed all these people were around Michael, forcing him against his health, really, to do this tour. How significant will any of that be when this trial starts?

MESEREAU: Could be very significant. Apparently, there are e-mails from his choreographer, Ken Ortega, warning AEG that he's not well. He has serious physical problems, serious psychological and emotional problems, he's asking for professional help. And I'm informed that there are some e-mails from AEG basically telling Murray you better get him to rehearsals.

So I think this issue is well founded by the siblings, and I think it's going to be a big issue for the plaintiffs. And I think AEG will have a tough time explaining it.

MORGAN: AEG's lawyer, Marvin Putnam, said it was the 2005 child molestation trial which you obviously were involved in, which caused Michael to dramatically increase his drug use. Do you think there's any truth in that?

MESEREAU: I really don't. Now, I was his lead criminal defense counsel in that trial. I talked to him throughout the trial. He was lucid, he was articulate, he was cooperative. I never had a problem working with Michael. My co-counsel, Susan (INAUDIBLE) and I both thought he was one of the nicest clients we ever represented. And I did not see drug use as a problem during the trial.

Now, the verdict day, he didn't look well, I will say that. He had been through over five months of trial, all the stress and strain, we were in court five days a week. And I do think that he suffered physically and emotionally during the trial. But I never saw him take a prescription drug. It would not have been unusual if he had, because people in situations like that are sleep-deprived, they are depressed, they have anxiety. If he did take something, it would not have surprised me, and it would not have been abnormal.

But he never was a problem for us when it came to talking to him, getting information from him, telling him what was going on. He was a delightful client to represent.

MORGAN: One of the e-mails you alluded to is from AEG Live CEO or co- CEO Paul Gongaware, which says, "We want to remind Murray it is AEG, not MJ, who is paying his salary. We want to remind him what is expected of him." Quite explicit really there, you would think, in terms of who's responsible.

I suppose on the flipside, Michael Jackson was a very well known, highly temperamental pop superstar prone to canceling concerts, having a variety of health issues of various types of severity, unpredictable. All those things, like many pop artists. Could that work against the family's claim in the sense AEG may say look, we did try to get him to work but he was a bit flaky?

MESEREAU: Well, if they thought he was that flaky and they thought he was that disturbed, why did they enter into a contract with him to do all these concerts? They invested over $30 million before the concerts even began. If they thought he was that bad and they thought his reputation was suffering from all these other issues, why in the world did they go into business with him? I think it's an uphill battle for AEG.

MORGAN: Let's just play the final clip from the Anderson interview. Quite extraordinary moment when Conrad Murray burst into song.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

MURRAY: You know what surprises me, Anderson? Let me sing something for you. This is important to me. (SINGING) He's a little boy that Santa Claus forgot. And goodness knows he did not want a lot. He wrote a note to Santa for some crayons and a toy. It broke his little heart when he found Santa hadn't come. In the streets, he envied all those lucky boys. But goodness knows he didn't want a lot. I'm so sorry for that laddie who hasn't got a daddy -

(END VIDEO CLIP)

MORGAN: I mean, it's almost comical on one level, that. You can quite see why he didn't testify, because clearly, I suspect his legal team weren't entirely sure how he would behave on the stand. But when you hear Conrad Murray behave like that, that's not the behavior of, as he would pitch himself to us, being a decent, honorable, straightforward physician, is it?

MESEREAU: No. He has never taken responsibility for what he did. He has always blamed Michael Jackson for everything that's happened to him. He wasn't professional. He violated medical ethics. When the paramedics came to the scene, they asked him what did you give him? He never mentioned Propofol. There was evidence that he tried to hide Propofol from the paramedics and the police. He can't get out of this. He's responsible for his death. AEG should not have retained him. They should have checked him out beforehand, and if they had any problem with him, they should have gotten rid of him. No, he's not a good doctor. He shouldn't be a doctor and I think he's where he belongs.

MORGAN: Final question and very quickly, if you don't mind. Is she going to win, Katherine Jackson on behalf of the family?

MESEREAU: She and the children are going to win, in my opinion. They have a very strong case. They have a great lawyer, Brian Pannish, the best in Los Angeles, for a case like this. And I think they have the evidence on their side. And I think they have morality on their side. So, I think the defendants have a tough go.

MORGAN: Tom, great to see you, as always. Please come back soon.

MESEREAU: Thank you very much, Piers.

MORGAN: Tom Mesereau. Can't think of a better guy to talk to about Michael Jackson.

Source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
MJ Mod
MJ Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:08 pm

Great post MJM! Thanks for all your hard work!! We are planning to contact T-Mez about those things we discussed, and will need to get questions from everyone ready to post and send to him. We need to wait on his participation until after he finishes his testimony - we can't tamper with a witness. If he does still testify which I am sure he will as they plan to drag the daggonne 2005 trial into the trial-so no problem TM will handle them JUST FINE!!

Thomas Mesereau on Piers Morgan CNN 4/2/13 (Transcripts & Video Inside) 216589826

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mod Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:32 pm

Youtube video of the interview:
MJ Mod
MJ Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by ljmissmj Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:12 pm

I'm looking forward to T. Mes Thanks a bunch
ljmissmj
ljmissmj

Back to top Go down

Thomas Mesereau on Piers Morgan CNN 4/2/13 (Transcripts & Video Inside) Empty Thomas Mesereau on upcoming trial between Jacksons and concert promoter: "I think it's an uphill battle for AEG"

Post by Admin Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:51 pm

Thomas Mesereau on upcoming trial between Jacksons and concert promoter: "I think it's an uphill battle for AEG" by: Jason Kurtz

April 2nd, 2013

On a day which saw the beginning of jury selection in a trial that will pit the family of Michael Jackson against concert promoter AEG Live, this evening "Piers Morgan Live" invited Thomas Mesereau to share his unique insight in a live, face to face interview.

The criminal defense lawyer who acquitted the late pop star in his molestation trial, Mesereau spoke of specific documents that he suspects will make it difficult for AEG to counter claims of wrongful death:

"Apparently there are emails from his [Jackson's] choreographer, Ken Ortega, warning AEG that he's not well, he has serious physical problems, serious psychological and emotional problems, he's asking for professional help, and I'm informed that there are some emails from AEG basically telling [Dr. Conrad] Murray you better get him to rehearsals," stated Mesereau. "I think the issue is well founded by the siblings and I think it's going to be a big issue for the plaintiffs. And I think AEG is going to have a tough time explaining it."

Asked by the host if Jackson should bear some of the responsibility himself, based on a history of cancellations and high-maintenance behavior, and the guests noted that AEG knew exactly what to expect when they joined forces with the "King of Pop":

"If they thought he was that flaky and they thought he was that disturbed, why did they enter into a contract with him to do all these concerts?" he asked Piers Morgan. "They invested over 30 million dollars before the concerts even began. If they thought he was that bad and they thought his reputation was suffering from all these other issues, why in the world did they go into business with him? I think it's an uphill battle for AEG."

Watch the clip, and listen to the interview, as Morgan and Mesereau preview a case which is predicted to lock-up Los Angeles for several months.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down