MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"This Day In HIStory" May 14, 1984 ~ Michael Jackson Visits The White House.

Go down

"This Day In HIStory" May 14, 1984 ~ Michael Jackson Visits The White House. Empty "This Day In HIStory" May 14, 1984 ~ Michael Jackson Visits The White House.

Post by MJ Mod Tue May 14, 2013 4:15 pm

On May 14, 1984 Michael Jackson stands with President Ronald Reagan, and first lady Nancy Reagan on the south lawn of the White House prior to receiving a A Special Award from the President for his contribution to the drunk driving awareness program where Michael had donated his song "Beat It" for the campaign .

Reagan's comments that day were peppered with Michael Jackson song references:

"Well, isn't this a thriller? . . . I know why you're here, and with good reason – to see one of the most talented, most popular, and most exciting superstars in the music world today – Michael Jackson. And Michael, welcome to the White House," said Reagan.

"I hope you'll forgive me, but we have quite a few young folks in the White House who all wanted me to give you the same message. They said to tell Michael, 'Please give some TLC to the PYTs.' Now I know that sounds a little 'off the wall,' but you know what I mean. And, Michael, I have another message from our fans in the Washington, D.C., area. They said, 'we want you back.' So when you begin your greatly awaited cross-country tour, will you please be sure to drop off here in the Nation's capital?"

Jackson only spoke a total of 13 words at the event: "I'm very, very honored. Thank you very much, Mr. President and Mrs. Reagan."

Later in his remarks, Reagan said, "Michael Jackson is proof of what a person can accomplish through a lifestyle free of alcohol or drug abuse. People young and old can respect that. And if Americans follow his example, then we can face up to the problem of drinking and driving, and we can, in Michael's words, beat it."

Video: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
MJ Mod
MJ Mod

Back to top Go down

"This Day In HIStory" May 14, 1984 ~ Michael Jackson Visits The White House. Empty Re: "This Day In HIStory" May 14, 1984 ~ Michael Jackson Visits The White House.

Post by MJ Mod Mon May 19, 2014 10:08 pm

5/14
MJ Mod
MJ Mod

Back to top Go down