MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Michael Jackson Documentary BAD25 Playing Select Theaters in NY, LA in October

4 posters

Go down

Michael Jackson Documentary BAD25 Playing Select Theaters in NY, LA in October Empty Michael Jackson Documentary BAD25 Playing Select Theaters in NY, LA in October

Post by Admin Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:20 pm

Michael Jackson Documentary BAD25 to Play at Select Theaters in NY, LA

by Movies News Desk

According to The Hollywood Reporter, the Michael Jackson documentary BAD25 will be screened for a one-week engagement at select theaters in New York and Los Angeles on October 19th. The film, directed by Spike Lee, recently made its debut at the Venice and Toronto film festivals.

The documentary chronicles the making of Michael Jackson's 1987 hit album using rare footage along with the recollections of the pop star's collaborators and confidants. Featured in the film are Martin Scorsese, who directed the 18-minute short film for the single "Bad," and Mariah Carey.

The film is just one of the many projects planned to commemorate the 25th anniversary of
Bad. Also in the works, "a deluxe package of remastered music along with a second disc of 13 rare and previously unreleased bonus tracks, as well as the first ever DVD and live CD from the Bad world tour (shot and recorded on July 16, 1988 at Wembley stadium)."

John Branca and John McClain, co-executors of The Estate of Michael Jackson, said in a statement: “Spike was the only choice for us when we decided to open up the archives and make this documentary. He has done a masterful job taking the audience behind the scenes and revealing how this ‘coming of age’ project was created.”

The documentary BAD25 will be screened at the following theaters:

New York: Oct. 19 to 26 at AMC Loews Theater; 66 Third Ave.
Los Angeles: Oct. 26 to Nov. 2 at Chinese 6 Theaters; 6801 Hollywood Blvd.
After the theater run, ABC will air the documentary on Thanksgiving night (November 22).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Michael Jackson Documentary BAD25 Playing Select Theaters in NY, LA in October 1148588858
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Michael Jackson Documentary BAD25 Playing Select Theaters in NY, LA in October Empty Re: Michael Jackson Documentary BAD25 Playing Select Theaters in NY, LA in October

Post by ljmissmj Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:01 pm

I was on Twitter earlier and Spike Lee mentioned he had a surprise for MJ fans and now I know what it was! I am beside myself with joy and laughter! Tickets aren't available yet (NYC), but you can bet your bottom dollar, as soon as tickets become available a group of us are going - this is going to sell out every night it shows in New York, I am sure of that. Maybe Spike will host a Q&A after the first showing of BAD doc, he had done that for some of this other films. It would be nice to be able to ask him questions about Michael.

Not sure how correct this is but I read also that these showings make BAD documentary eligible for an Oscar nomination. WOOOHOOOOO!!!

God Bless Spike Lee and of course our Michael Jackson.
ljmissmj
ljmissmj

Back to top Go down

Michael Jackson Documentary BAD25 Playing Select Theaters in NY, LA in October Empty Re: Michael Jackson Documentary BAD25 Playing Select Theaters in NY, LA in October

Post by midangerous Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:22 pm

Hopefully it will air on regular TV too! Smile
midangerous
midangerous

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:06 pm

@midangerous: It is scheduled to be on tv - see from the above article: "After the theater run, ABC will air the documentary on Thanksgiving night (November 22)."

I am looking forward to that night!!

Michael Jackson Documentary BAD25 Playing Select Theaters in NY, LA in October 4249913962
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by midangerous Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:42 pm

I got ABCFM but not ABC.
midangerous
midangerous

Back to top Go down

Post by May Michael Jackson Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:36 pm

I am from Argentina. I hope I can watch it on TV soon. We get all the best American Channels, so I am sure I will get to watch it. Can't wait... Wink
May Michael Jackson
May Michael Jackson

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:56 pm

Ok-so who saw this in NYC this last weekend hmmm? I know someone here went to this - how was it? Wink

Michael Jackson Documentary BAD25 Playing Select Theaters in NY, LA in October 691570954
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down