MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lady Gaga buys 55 items from Michael Jackson auction

2 posters

Go down

Lady Gaga buys 55 items from Michael Jackson auction  Empty Lady Gaga buys 55 items from Michael Jackson auction

Post by Admin Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:35 pm

Lady Gaga buys 55 items from Michael Jackson auction that raises over $5 million

Two of Jackson's crystal-encrusted gloves sold for more than $100,000 each, as did other jackets and performance costumes.
REUTERS

Monday, December 3, 2012

LOS ANGELES -- Costumes worn by Michael Jackson commanded hundreds of thousands of dollars at auction, and Lady Gaga was among the collectors.

Gaga tweeted Sunday that she bought 55 pieces in the sale administered by Julien's Auctions and said she plans to keep the items "archived and expertly cared for in the spirit and love of Michael Jackson, his bravery and fans worldwide."

Auctioneer Darren Julien said the jacket Jackson wore during his "Bad" tour fetched $240,000. Two of Jackson's crystal-encrusted gloves sold for more than $100,000 each, as did other jackets and performance costumes.

The auction featuring the collection of Jackson's longtime costume designers Dennis Tompkins and Michael Bush raised more than $5 million. Some proceeds benefited Guide Dogs of America and Nathan Adelson Hospice of Las Vegas.

Debbie Jackson, a huge fan of pop star Michael Jackson, flew all the way from New Zealand to attend the auction in Los Angeles.

In honor of Michael Jackson and the late Dennis Tompkins, all of the Julien's Auctions team each wore one white crystal glove during the entire event.

Lady Gaga posted a Twitter photo of her paddle at the Michael Jackson auction.

Gaga pix (get a load of this ok?)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Lady Gaga buys 55 items from Michael Jackson auction  Empty Re: Lady Gaga buys 55 items from Michael Jackson auction

Post by Capricious Anomaly Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:43 am

Oh OK I saw the thread in GC 1st. And nope it still is not cool with me either-it is just strange to grab up all that and then hide it away! What is Gaga's intentions? I think MJ fans need to get this figured out. I mean it isn't like Gaga was even around during almost all of Michael's life. What is she like 25 or something? Like all of 21 when MJ passed? Grabbing millions of dollars of MJ collection - how many pieces were even left for anybody else to win? Did she grab up everything? WTH?

Capricious Anomaly
Capricious Anomaly

Back to top Go down