MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

J. Randy Taraborrelli announces departure from Jackson community

3 posters

Go down

J. Randy Taraborrelli announces departure from Jackson community  Empty J. Randy Taraborrelli announces departure from Jackson community

Post by Capricious Anomaly Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:52 am

J. Randy Taraborrelli announces departure from Jackson community~From JRT's facebook:

Good morning, everyone -

I have about 1200 private emails from you guys this morning asking about the Katherine Jackson story, the estate, MJ's kids, etc...

I haven't had any comment to make about MJ or the family in a long time, but I guess I have to say something now.

What I want to say to you is that I am out of the Jackson business, and have been for some time.

I feel that my work with Michael ended with his death. For me, my books are about his life and times. Not his death and its aftermath. I think that's better left to other reporters.

You can probably imagine that every time I go on TV to report anything about MJ, I am met with a huge backlash from much of the fan community, and even the family itself. It's a shame to see the divisiveness that exists these days, but it is what it is and I guess we just have to accept it. The anger, bitterness and resentment out there has poisoned the terrain for me, and, it's only gotten worse. I have always tried to be a voice of reason, but I get it now that these are not reasonable times and that my work here is done. I have found that if I really want peace with the MJ fan community, the way to achieve that goal is to - yes - just keep my mouth shut. And that's not so bad. It's actually a lot easier than I thought. :-)

Also....

I believe that most of the anger in the MJ fan community these days has to do with a sense of injustice about the way things have turned out. I believe that the shock and disbelief about Michael's death has never abated, and that most of what we have seen play out among the fan community is the result of heated - and saddened - emotions. I wish people would not turn against each other and bully one another, but I can't control that. I feel that the only way any true healing will take place post-MJ is if we all do our parts to mind our own businesses and let the family work out its problems without inspection and examination. Especially when it comes to the kids. That's becoming tougher to do now that some of them have a presence on the Internet - (wow) - and are purposely making themselves public people (wow)- but I still think it's the way to go. Coming from a media person, you may think that's an odd view point. But it's one I've arrived at after considering that there's truly nothing I can add to the public discourse that would make even a bit of difference. I'm just not going to be another "talking head" out there fanning the flames.

I want you to know that I appreciate your support - everyone of you guys here at FB. I know how much you love Michael and want the best for him and his family. I do, too. I wish I had advice for how you might handle the continuing soap opera plot lines, but I don't. I can only look within and give myself counsel - and my best advice to myself is to just stay out of it. Do I still care? Yes, of course I do. But I'm going to do it privately.

I want to thank you for reading my books about Michael. They are out there for all time and they speak for themselves. Everything I feel about Michael is in those books.

And for all of the media requests and requests from others regarding charities and books and other MJ-related projects, I'm not going to be involved in anything relating to MJ or the Jacksons any time in the foreseeable future. I hope you can understand.

Also, I know MJ would be proud of a lot of the organizations that have formed to promote his efforts as a humanitarian. I think a lot of good can come from them and it's a great way to channel your energy, and stay out of the media fracas. For me, though, I don't want to align myself with any organization at this time. It's just not for me right now.

Like me or not - and I think you guys here do like me or you wouldn't be here, and thanks for that - I think you'll agree that I've been out there for something like 30 years reporting on Michael and the Jacksons when it really mattered, and doing the best I can. It's time for me to recede to the background now and let the story play out on its own.

As far as the rest of my career goes: Thanks to all of you guys who bought my most recent - and 17th - book, After Camelot. It was a huge success, and I really appreciate your support. I am about one month away from finishing my next book, which I think will be out in the fall of 2013. I can't tell you who it's about, not yet. But it's really pretty good and I think you'll like it. Also, two of my books are being produced as miniseries for television next year. How cool is that? Again, I can't tell you which two, yet ... but I will make that announcement here on this page as soon as I can. (Not Michael, though...)

So, yes, I'm still here, doing my thing and loving life. I'm not going anywhere. Martial arts, too! I'm training for my second degree black belt - ouch! Oh, and Spencer is fine, too, and living a great dog's life, free of worry and concern. It's the only way to go, he tells me! I think we should all follow suit.

Thanks so much for your continuing support. From my heart, I want you to know that I appreciate it. We have agreed and we have disagreed over the years, but we are still ONE, and always will be. Right?

You guys are awesome. Stay in touch.

Your friend,

J. Randy
Capricious Anomaly
Capricious Anomaly

Back to top Go down

J. Randy Taraborrelli announces departure from Jackson community  Empty Re: J. Randy Taraborrelli announces departure from Jackson community

Post by CantStopLovinMJ Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:56 pm

Oh...and I have not even read his book about Michael..
Its called something like "The man, the music, the madbess", right?
I've just been afraid that its one of those other "scandal"-books, but from this text above it feels like he's quite a nice guy, or..?
CantStopLovinMJ
CantStopLovinMJ

Back to top Go down

J. Randy Taraborrelli announces departure from Jackson community  Empty Re: J. Randy Taraborrelli announces departure from Jackson community

Post by Admin Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:18 pm

@CSLMJ: JRT has been with MJ most of MJ's life since the early days-look in the interviews thread for 1 of MJ's interviews with JRT

J. Randy Taraborrelli announces departure from Jackson community  4027144911
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CantStopLovinMJ Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:04 am

@Admin oh, thanks! Smile
CantStopLovinMJ
CantStopLovinMJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down