MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"This Day in HIStory" December 18, 1969 ~ The Jackson 5's First Album Was Released.

2 posters

Go down

"This Day in HIStory" December 18, 1969 ~ The Jackson 5's First Album Was Released. Empty "This Day in HIStory" December 18, 1969 ~ The Jackson 5's First Album Was Released.

Post by MJ Mod Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:21 pm

1969 - Motown releases the first album of the Jackson 5, Diana Ross Presents The Jackson 5.

The album featured 12 songs, and only single was “I Want You Back”. The album was a successful debut worldwide, charting at number 5 in the US pop charts, in february 1970, and #1 in the R&B chart, number 16 in the UK and staying in the charts for four weeks. It sells more 600000 copies in the United States, an exceptionnal number for a first LP.

The majority of the album was produced by Bobby Taylor, true discoverer of the group, and the Corporation™ in 1968 in Chicago. The Corporation™ would work on The Jackson 5’s next seven albums for Motown. During spring and summer 1969, the latter chose to make them sing soul music standards, in order to coach them, but also to prove to the Motown big boss, Berry Gordy, their capacities.

So, besides the anthem I Want You Back, produced by The Corporation (Gordy, Perren, Mizell, Richards), the album contains several covers from the Detroit's compagny : The Four Top's Standing in the Shadows of Love, Stevie Wonder's My Cherie Amour, The Temptations' (I Know) I'm Losing You, a wonderful treatment of Smokey Robinson's Who's Lovin' You, but also a Walt Disney Them, in album's opening, Zip A Dee Doo Dah, and Sly & the Family Stone's Stand!. The album also includes one of their debut Steeltown songs, You've Changed.

All instrumentation was made before the 5 brothers stepped in the studio, to the great displeasure of Tito and Jermaine, who didn't play guitar and bass. When, in 1976, Michael was asked why this LP was called "Diana Ross Presents the Jackson 5", he responds : "That's it, Diana didn't discovered us, but it was made to believe it. As she presented us to the public, it's not really a lie".

In order to promote the album, the Jackson 5 made their second important tv appearance, in the famous Ed Sullivan Show, with the well advised eye of Diana Ross, from that time, a name forever associated with the Jackson 5.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
MJ Mod
MJ Mod

Back to top Go down

"This Day in HIStory" December 18, 1969 ~ The Jackson 5's First Album Was Released. Empty Re: "This Day in HIStory" December 18, 1969 ~ The Jackson 5's First Album Was Released.

Post by Admin Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:30 pm

These memories are so sweet!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

"This Day in HIStory" December 18, 1969 ~ The Jackson 5's First Album Was Released. Empty Re: "This Day in HIStory" December 18, 1969 ~ The Jackson 5's First Album Was Released.

Post by Admin Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:17 pm

12/18
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down