MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coroner's expert testified MJ drugged as if for major surgery

2 posters

Go down

Coroner's expert testified MJ drugged as if for major surgery Empty Coroner's expert testified MJ drugged as if for major surgery

Post by Admin Tue May 07, 2013 2:23 pm

Jackson drugged as if for major surgery: coroner's expert

May 7, 2013

A coroner's expert says pop singer Michael Jackson had levels of drugs in his body consistent with someone undergoing major surgery on the day he died in 2009.

The 50-year-old died from an overdose of the anaesthetic propofol, given by his doctor Conrad Murray to help the singer with chronic insomnia during rehearsals for a doomed series of concerts in London.

Daniel Anderson, a Los Angeles County coroner's office criminalist, testified that Jackson also had lidocaine, diazepam, nordiazepam, lorazepam, and midazolam in his system.

But he said the propofol was of most concern.

"It raises a red flag in my eyes. It's very problematic to find it outside the hospital setting," he told the LA Superior Court.

Mr Anderson said the level of the drug found in Jackson's body - 3.2 milligrams per millilitre of blood - was "consistent with major surgery anaesthesia".

Jackson's 82-year-old mother is suing concert promoter AEG Live for allegedly negligently hiring Murray, who was found guilty of involuntary manslaughter in 2011 over the star's death.

AEG Live claims that Jackson himself hired Murray and was responsible for him, adding that it will produce evidence during the trial that the singer had used propofol since the 1990s, and had long been addicted to painkillers.

At the time of his death, Jackson was rehearsing for a series of 50 shows in London, organised with AEG, in an attempt to revive his career and ease his financial woes.

At the start of the trial last week, Jackson's lawyer Brian Panish accused AEG of sacrificing the troubled star in a "ruthless" pursuit of profit in the months before his death.

But Anschutz Entertainment Group (AEG) lawyer Marvin Putnam argued that the pop star had hidden the evidence of his addiction and health woes from everyone, including his family and the concert promoters.

Mr Putman also said Jackson was $US400 million in debt when he approached AEG in 2008 with the idea of putting on the London shows, which were to be followed by a global tour and a possible Las Vegas residency.

AFP

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Coroner's expert testified MJ drugged as if for major surgery Empty Re: Coroner's expert testified MJ drugged as if for major surgery

Post by jw224 Tue May 07, 2013 3:22 pm

I hate to be blunt, but everyone already knew this, well, anyone that has done their research does anyway Smile He used it during the 90's while touring to help him sleep i'm sure. Correct me if I'm wrong Smile I know this is a bit off topic, but why was michael so skinny, I mean, I know he has always been skinny, but not as much as early 2009. He seemed to look very skinny early 2009, then he looked much healthier and less skinny from the press conference onwards, then through june he looked even skinnier. His chef also said that she thought he looked skinnier in june. I heard that michael had cancer, and he recovered, is this true, if it is that may have contributed to his weight loss.

jw224

Back to top Go down