MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Michael Jackson Duets With Freddie Mercury Set for Release.

4 posters

Go down

Michael Jackson Duets With Freddie Mercury Set for Release. Empty Michael Jackson Duets With Freddie Mercury Set for Release.

Post by WeAreTheWorld. Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:31 pm

Michael Jackson Duets With Freddie Mercury Set for Release

By Erin Coulehan
July 29, 2013

Three duets that Michael Jackson recorded with Queen singer Freddie Mercury 30 years ago will finally see an official release later this year. According to The Times of London, the demos were recorded in 1983 at Jackson's home studio, but a larger project never came to fruition due to the singers' conflicting schedules.

"They were great songs, but the problem was time – as we were both very busy at that period," Mercury said in an excerpt from Mercury: An Intimate Biography of Freddie Mercury.

Jackson told Rolling Stone that he was a fan of Mercury's, and that Mercury had reached out to him about the possibility of working together on the Jacksons' next album in 1983.

A studio session was set up and the two recorded three songs, but Queen's manager, Jim "Miami" Beach, recalls that the duo's meeting was a bit tumultuous. "Mercury rang me and said: 'Miami, dear, can you get over here? You've got to get me out of here, I'm recording with a llama,'" said Beach.

The songs,"There Must Be More to Life Than This," "State of Shock" and "Victory" (which provided the title of the Jacksons' 1984 album), were recorded but weren't cleared for release until 2011.

Queen guitarist Brian May confirmed that the tracks will be released this fall, and added that the songs are "exciting, challenging, emotionally taxing. But cool."

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
WeAreTheWorld.
WeAreTheWorld.

Back to top Go down

Michael Jackson Duets With Freddie Mercury Set for Release. Empty Re: Michael Jackson Duets With Freddie Mercury Set for Release.

Post by WeAreTheWorld. Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:33 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
WeAreTheWorld.
WeAreTheWorld.

Back to top Go down

Michael Jackson Duets With Freddie Mercury Set for Release. Empty Re: Michael Jackson Duets With Freddie Mercury Set for Release.

Post by ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:35 pm

i honestly hope something is released! maybe just one song!
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ

Back to top Go down

Post by MjjPureSoul Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:48 pm

I like Queen however I never took to FM's persona for a certain reason. I think mainly because of how he was so promiscuous and how he spread aids to other men Mad My point meaning he died a "hero" rather than what his reputation was scratch  Yet our hearts get more broken each time we hear the sort of "guttural" how people out there still portray Michael over something he never ever did, this makes me very irritated Michael Jackson Duets With Freddie Mercury Set for Release. 1414187595  I need to make an exception in this case though as Michael and Freddie have recorded some songs. I'm looking forward to hearing them Michael Jackson Duets With Freddie Mercury Set for Release. 3998962363 

Thank you for the info WATW Michael Jackson Duets With Freddie Mercury Set for Release. 2976365378 
MjjPureSoul
MjjPureSoul

Back to top Go down

Post by jw224 Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:35 pm

I hope they don't change them too much from the orginals.

jw224

Back to top Go down

Post by jw224 Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:37 pm

What does he mean by "I'm recording with a llama"??

jw224

Back to top Go down

Post by WeAreTheWorld. Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:43 pm

Not sure jw, it is kinda strange though.
WeAreTheWorld.
WeAreTheWorld.

Back to top Go down

Post by jw224 Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:59 pm

I know, it's because there was llama in a cage, or something

jw224

Back to top Go down

Post by MjjPureSoul Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:46 pm

That's just what I thought too jw224. I'm not right bothered as long as he wasn't trying to be idiotic by meaning Michael. He was a bit of an oddball sometimes lol.
MjjPureSoul
MjjPureSoul

Back to top Go down

Post by jw224 Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:03 pm

That's what I thought at first too. But I searched about it and it said something about there being a llama in a cage while they were recording. Pretty strange lol

jw224

Back to top Go down

Post by MjjPureSoul Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:17 pm

Lmao!!! 'really'? Michael Jackson Duets With Freddie Mercury Set for Release. 2672380633

Freddie the fool, LOL 
MjjPureSoul
MjjPureSoul

Back to top Go down

Post by jw224 Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:36 pm

Yes, it gets talked about here lol

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

jw224

Back to top Go down

Post by MjjPureSoul Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:52 pm

jw Laughing Mad That is really, really funny. Can just picture the scene too Laughing  Thanks for showing the link Laughing 

It reminds us a bit where in Jermaine's book he talks about how he used to bring baby tigers on tour LOL wow, imagine those hungry cute little growlers walking around burring and showing their young teeth. Wink 
MjjPureSoul
MjjPureSoul

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down