MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The MJ's LO.V.E. Is Magical Fan-mily Support Thread

+6
MJ Mod
May Michael Jackson
WeAreTheWorld.
Capricious Anomaly
midangerous
Admin
10 posters

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

The MJ's LO.V.E. Is Magical Fan-mily Support Thread - Page 17 Empty The MJ's LO.V.E. Is Magical Fan-mily Support Thread

Post by Admin Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:15 am

First topic message reminder :

We can all use this thread to support each other-rant-vent-rag-cry-whatever anyone wants-there will be a support system here for you! We MJ fans are still grieving and often things just get to be too much - whatever the source of our pain - if we need to talk about it-we can do it right here ~ The MJ's LO.V.E. Is Magical Fan-mily Support Thread - Page 17 3480612478

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The MJ's LO.V.E. Is Magical Fan-mily Support Thread - Page 17 Empty Re: The MJ's LO.V.E. Is Magical Fan-mily Support Thread

Post by ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:06 pm

Thank you Smile I'm happy we are ok too. Who knows my mom might get a new car LOL! Laughing
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ

Back to top Go down

The MJ's LO.V.E. Is Magical Fan-mily Support Thread - Page 17 Empty Re: The MJ's LO.V.E. Is Magical Fan-mily Support Thread

Post by Admin Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:22 pm

Whoa IJCSLUMJ: Didn't you and your mom just have a car accident a couple months ago? Sorry to hear this happened again! Glad that you are OK. Careful with that toe too.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:21 pm

Indeed we did 3 months ago. We just don't get a break lol!
I will, hoepfully it will heal quickly, because it hurts!
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ

Back to top Go down

Post by midangerous Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:50 am

Crying or Very sad sorry IJCSLUMJ no more car recks!
midangerous
midangerous

Back to top Go down

Post by ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:01 am

No kidding its not fun  Mad 
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ

Back to top Go down

Post by WeAreTheWorld. Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:12 pm

@IJCSLUMJ: Glad you both are alright. Be careful will ya Wink lol. Was it a bad wreck or just a fender bender kind of thing?

I have an interview at the American Legion tomorrow that determines whether I will get into the VA Girls State program this summer. It is a very prestigious state student government organization that's hooked up into all sorts of scholarships and just amazing opportunities in general. Wish me luck!
WeAreTheWorld.
WeAreTheWorld.

Back to top Go down

Post by ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:31 am

Thanks Smile lol
well it popped out a headlight and bent the bumper and pushed the lid to the trunk over so it was a pretty bad wreck
I wish you the best luck Smile
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:56 am

Best of luck WATW! I know you will do just fantastic!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:34 pm

Heres a pic btw
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ

Back to top Go down

Post by WeAreTheWorld. Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:41 pm

Just got back from my interview. I think I did ok, but something happened that just didn't set right with me. There were 4 people at the table all essentially asking and/or monitoring the interview questions. One of the questions asked for an issue that I am very passionate about. The first thing that I thought of and said was gay marriage/gay rights. I then went into my internship at a gay and lesbian support group organization, though which I help set up and organize many different events and charity events we help do and attend. All of a sudden I glace over at 1 of the interviewers, she was a very old and obviously very hardcore conservative woman who just had this very appalled expression on her face as she was listening to what I was saying. Once I saw that, I tried to wrap it up a little and just ended the question with 'and equality for everyone really is a huge issue that I'm passionate about'. I really am not sure if that is going to affect their decision but it better not. I mean I understand I probably should not have brought up such a controversial issue but they asked and it was what came to mind.

I'm also 99% sure I said "I'm pro pledge of allegiance" lol. Like seriously who says it like that? I was just so taken aback at that woman's reaction and a little miffed (obviously did not show it though). I'll know in about a week whether or not I made it into the program.

WeAreTheWorld.
WeAreTheWorld.

Back to top Go down

Post by ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:40 pm

Well regardless if you make it or not the point is you had enough guts to do the interview, and if you don't make this one I'm sure there are others. you gave an honest answer and imo thats what matters, what I hope they got from your answer is equality is important to you.
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ

Back to top Go down

Post by midangerous Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:37 am

Got my hair cut and styled today, I think I like it too.  Smile  It's a bit shorter than I usually have had it, and people are saying I look my age now instead of looking like I'm 19 or something.
midangerous
midangerous

Back to top Go down

Post by ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:37 pm

Lol I bet it looks great on you! I wouldn't dare cut my hair, when I do it doesn't flatter my face imo LOL Laughing
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ

Back to top Go down

Post by May Michael Jackson Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:08 pm

I AM SURE YOUR NEW HAIRCUT LOOKS WONDERFUL!  Smile Smile 
May Michael Jackson
May Michael Jackson

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:46 pm

@midangerous: Hey girl-nothing wrong with looking 19 lol - glad you like your new haircut-bet it's really cute on you!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:32 pm

Ugh I've had a stomach bug for about a week, and I'm finally starting to feel better!
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ

Back to top Go down

Post by WeAreTheWorld. Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:06 pm

I got the call a couple hours ago- I GOT INTO GIRLS STATE! Only 2-3 people in my entire county were chosen so they must've liked my interview as awkward and stupid as it sounded. Now I'm eligible for all sorts of amazing scholarships and it's a big hook for college applications. I'll be going for the program for a week in early June.  
WeAreTheWorld.
WeAreTheWorld.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:42 pm

Wonderful news WATW!! I am so proud of you!! Congratulations!!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:47 pm

ALRIGHT WATW!! congratulations, I hope you enjoy it!
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ

Back to top Go down

Post by May Michael Jackson Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:15 pm

CONGRATULATIONS WATW!!!!!
May Michael Jackson
May Michael Jackson

Back to top Go down

Post by midangerous Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:00 am

YAY WATW!!!!  The MJ's LO.V.E. Is Magical Fan-mily Support Thread - Page 17 560333705  The MJ's LO.V.E. Is Magical Fan-mily Support Thread - Page 17 1840725692  The MJ's LO.V.E. Is Magical Fan-mily Support Thread - Page 17 560333705 
midangerous
midangerous

Back to top Go down

Post by ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:10 pm

I got the rest of my top braces put on today and my mouth is in agony!
And I'm out of school for the year!!!
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ

Back to top Go down

Post by WeAreTheWorld. Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:14 pm

Good luck with those braces IJCSLUMJ, I know it's bad now but when it's all over you will not regret a minute of it, trust me!

Wait, what? Not fair- how are you out of school for the year already? lol. I know you're home schooled but how does that work, I would think you'd have to put in the same amount of days as those in public school. When does next school year start for you?
WeAreTheWorld.
WeAreTheWorld.

Back to top Go down

Post by ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:17 pm

Thanks WATW Smile

LOL this year sucked for us, none of the curriculum worked for us, so most of it we winged it. Math was a bust, so next year we will be doing consumer math (soo excited) history we will be doing the history of music, composers, artists, ect. Language arts we will be writing, like working on songs, stories, even a bit of handwriting. Literature we will obviously be reading books like the classics, and some Shakespeare. Alot of our curriculum will be based of my career choice. This year gave us a chance to figure out what we need to do, if that makes sense.
We really don't have a set amount of days we do school whenever we finish is when we are done, homeschoolers in Texas don't go by the state, but its diffrent in every state, so Texas as a lot of freedoms. and we start back up in August, so we have a long summer, but thats ok because there is a lot we need to get done.
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ

Back to top Go down

Post by WeAreTheWorld. Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:47 pm

Ok, I was just wondering is all. Here in VA I guess we just have stricter laws about homeschooling. Those students have to go at the same time (8:20-3:10) and for the same amount of days each school year as the public schools, and they still have to take all the standardized tests which have to be reported and assessed by the school board. I think it's great though that with homeschooling it is obviously more individualized and you can easily focus on what you are interested in and what you're actually going to be using when you begin your career.

Which math were you having trouble in? I know from experience the 'basic higher math' if you will (algebra) is so much harder to learn in the beginning. Algebra I in 8th grade was an absolute pain and I understood none of it but somehow still managed an "A", so my freshman year they put me in both geometry and honors algebra II. I'm a very visual person so geometry was no sweat for me whatsoever but everyone who excelled in the algebra was having a tough time in geometry. Meanwhile in honors algebra II where not even a 4-function calculator was allowed (which was crazy and nothing they'd ever tried before, but they had to make the honors class harder somehow I guess) I was confused beyond like anything I'd ever be confused about before lol.

Anyway what I'm trying to say is that depending on what type of brain you have you might be better at some while not comprehending others, so don't get discouraged! I finally did grasp the algebra after a semester of really pushing hard to try to comprehend it, and now I'm in an analytic trig/ mathematical analysis class (yeah, it's as painful as it sounds) and I still have trouble a little with the basic algebra concepts, but I am amazing at the analytic trig and geometry, which goes back to that visual mind again.

I hope all the rambling makes sense. Basically you really have to find the right type of math to study that complements how your brain operates. For you, it could just be as simple of a problem as mine in that you might be better at the more visual math classes. Just again above all don't give up on it until you find the one that works for you Smile(ok, finally done rambling lol).  
WeAreTheWorld.
WeAreTheWorld.

Back to top Go down

Post by ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:04 am

Lol sorry, I guess I am just really excited about next year Laughing
Yes that all made sense, math has never been my strongest subject,  pre algebra really ate me up it took forever to get to chapter 3 and I was hardly able to do what I had just learned, its crazy! So algebra just isn't for me and my brain I just don't think like that, lol I think we will be doing geometry my Junior year so that might be better. My mom was terrible at algebra but she rocked at geometry and I have a feeling that how it'll be for me.WOW you're doing trig?!?! Thats cool! I am a visual learner like you apparently! So I guess geometry will be a breeze, lets hope. At least I have the basics down
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ

Back to top Go down

Post by WeAreTheWorld. Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:52 am

I hope that type of math will be easier for you IJCSLUMJ.

I actually took intro. to college trig sophomore year (last year) and ended with like a 98% in the class first semester and then 2nd semester I took precalculus and somehow also ended at around a 98%, but when I went to take my placement test for math at the community college program I'm doing this year and senior year, instead of placing into Calculus I (which should've been easy but then again, that algebra!) I placed into the class just below that: "Analytic trig and mathematical analysis", and then I decided to take (as my elective like a stupid person) AP statistics (AP classes are freshman-sophomore year in college level equivalent) online which is kicking my butt so bad right now lol. Senior year I'm doing both Calc I and linear algebra so let's hope that goes ok. I just keep telling myself I'm saving a boatload of money by doing all these college classes in high school while they're free, but it is not easy in the slightest and is definitely not something most people should try unless you're either a masochist or insane lol.

Again I really hope that geometry will be easier for you. Really most of it is reasoning and proofs (which seem impossible at first but once you get the hang of it it's super easy) which is the kind of learning I'm better at and you probably are too! You'll probably do a little bit of basic trig in geometry also, like learning the 6 trig functions and finding angles of elevation and all that fun stuff. It seems intimidating at first but I love doing it especially the upper-level analytic trig. I'm really sure that you will be fine in that class though.
WeAreTheWorld.
WeAreTheWorld.

Back to top Go down

Post by ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:25 pm

Thanks Smile
WOW thats sounds complicated, I'm glad you understand it and can do it!
When I was in public school they taught us geometry but I never understood it, and if you want me to understand something we have to stay on it until I get which can take forever, and that another thing about being homeschooled,  we can stay on something as long as it takes for me to get it. And we usualy don't do something if my mom can't teach it, so this year our math book had all this crazy math that we didn't know what it was, so we skipped it. Some of it was review some of it was stuff we never heard of and my mom can't teach. But knowing that she was very good in geometry helps me feel better knowing that she will know what they are doing so she can teach it.
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ

Back to top Go down

Post by midangerous Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:25 pm

@IJCSLUMJ, I went through the same thing when I was being homeschooled. Math was definitely not my thing, so it took time for me to learn, I was in the ninth grade for 2 years during high school, lol!
midangerous
midangerous

Back to top Go down

Post by ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:04 pm

Really? Aww, well at leat you made it, we all do in one way or another
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next