MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quincy Jones Talks About Working With MJ

2 posters

Go down

Quincy Jones Talks About Working With MJ Empty Quincy Jones Talks About Working With MJ

Post by WeAreTheWorld. Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:03 pm

Quincy Jones: 'Working with Michael Jackson was an accident'
Producer opens up about record-breaking collaboration with the late singer
March 15, 2013

Quincy Jones has talked about his time working with Michael Jackson, saying they came together by accident.

In an interview with Billboard to mark his 80th birthday and forthcoming induction to the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, the celebrated producer, who worked with Jackson on his albums 'Off The Wall', 'Thriller' and 'Bad', says he met the fledgling solo artist while making 1978 'Wizard Of Oz' adaptation 'The Wiz'. Jackson initially asked Jones if he'd help him find a producer.

"I said, 'Michael, look, you don't even have a song in the picture yet. I don't want to think about that. Let’s get you a song'. He was only on 'Ease On Down The Road', that's all we had. He was so curious, inquisitive. He knew everybody's dialogue [in the film]."

Of their collaborations, which led to the best-selling album of all time in 'Thriller', which has sold around 110 million copies, Jones says he was looking to do something that had never been done before. "I was thinking about the range of his voice. That's the stuff you do, the architecture of your production. Michael was so smart and intuitive. He just hooked onto everything and watched everybody. Fred Astaire, Sammy Davis Jr, James Brown. We put our backgrounds together and we did it."

Jones, who has been nominated for a record 79 Grammys, winning 27 of them, will be inducted into the Rock And Hall Of Fame on April 18. He said: "It's too early. I'm too young. My age may be 80 but I feel 35."

Source: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
WeAreTheWorld.
WeAreTheWorld.

Back to top Go down

Quincy Jones Talks About Working With MJ Empty Re: Quincy Jones Talks About Working With MJ

Post by Capricious Anomaly Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:46 pm

Jones needs to stay nice and positive about all things MJ and then stay in his lane and be thankful for Michael and how he rose up to the top BECAUSE of MJ! IMO of course. There have been times QJ could have been more positive in the past when speaking about Michael. That is all I mean by what I say here.

Quincy Jones Talks About Working With MJ 1792145769

Capricious Anomaly
Capricious Anomaly

Back to top Go down