MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

XSCAPE - LONG AWAITED NEW MUSIC FROM MICHAEL JACKSON-MAY 13 2014

+5
MjjPureSoul
Ploppy
Capricious Anomaly
ljmissmj
Admin
9 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

XSCAPE - LONG AWAITED NEW MUSIC FROM MICHAEL JACKSON-MAY 13 2014 - Page 7 Empty XSCAPE - LONG AWAITED NEW MUSIC FROM MICHAEL JACKSON-MAY 13 2014

Post by Admin Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:30 pm

First topic message reminder :

XSCAPE - LONG AWAITED NEW MUSIC FROM MICHAEL JACKSON-MAY 13 2014

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

March 31, 2014

It was announced today that on May 13th Epic Records, in conjunction with the Estate of Michael Jackson, will release XSCAPE, an album of new music by the King of Pop, Michael Jackson. XSCAPE is executive produced by Epic Records Chairman and CEO L.A. Reid. After mining by the Estate of Jackson’s archives, Reid was granted unlimited access to the treasures spanning four decades of material on which Jackson had completed his vocals. Reid then teamed up top producers to “contemporize” the songs while retaining Jackson’s essence and integrity, creating the best music you’ve never heard.

The list of producers include global hitmakers Timbaland, Rodney Jerkins, Stargate and John McClain.

The new album will feature eight brand new recordings. A Deluxe Edition of XSCAPE will include a selection of the recordings in their original form. Both the standard and Deluxe Editions are available April 1st for pre-order on iTunes ( Smarturl.it/xscape ) and elsewhere.

The title of this album honors Michael’s album naming process. He always chose a song from the album to name his projects and, beginning with THRILLER, used only one word titles, each with an edgy quality to them. This is true of the new project.

John Branca and John McClain, co-executors of the Estate of Michael Jackson said, “Michael was always on the cutting edge and was constantly reaching out to new producers, looking for new sounds. He was always relevant and current. These tracks, in many ways, capture that spirit. We thank L.A. Reid for his vision.”

Full press release below and more news about Michael Jackson’s upcoming album will be revealed in the coming weeks.

XSCAPE - LONG AWAITED NEW MUSIC FROM MICHAEL JACKSON
OUT ON EPIC RECORDS MAY 13

EPIC CHIEF L.A. REID TEAMS UP WITH TOP PRODUCERS TO “CONTEMPORIZE” SONGS FROM ICONIC ARTIST’S ARCHIVE

March 31, 2014 — New York, NY — On May 13, Epic Records, in conjunction with the Estate of Michael Jackson, will release XSCAPE, an album of new music by the internationally beloved music icon and King of Pop, Michael Jackson. The project features eight new tracks, which the world will be hearing for the very first time on the new album. For the ultimate fan experience, XSCAPE will also be available in a Deluxe Edition, which includes all of the sourced Michael Jackson recordings in their original form. The XSCAPE standard and Deluxe Editions are available for pre-order beginning April 1 on iTunes.com/MichaelJackson and elsewhere, and available at all retailers worldwide on May 13.

XSCAPE is executive produced by Epic Records Chairman and CEO L.A. Reid, who, after an initial mining of Jackson’s archives by the Estate, was granted unlimited access to the treasures representing four decades of material on which Jackson had completed his vocals.

Reid curated the final list of recordings to deliver to the producers, who retooled the production to add a fresh, contemporary sound that retains Jackson’s essence and integrity. It’s a process Reid calls “contemporizing.” The album’s lead producer, Timbaland was one of a handful of producers Reid believed had the gravitas, depth and range to creatively engage with Jackson’s work. Additional producers include global hitmakers Rodney Jerkins, Stargate, Jerome “Jroc” Harmon and John McClain.

“Modern music and artistry would look and sound completely different if not for the groundbreaking contributions Michael Jackson gifted to the world,” remarked L.A. Reid. “Michael left behind some musical performances that we take great pride in presenting through the vision of music producers that he either worked directly with or expressed strong desire to work with. We are extremely proud and honored to present this music to the world.”

The title of this album honors Michael’s album naming process. He always chose a song from the album to name his projects and, beginning with THRILLER, used only one word titles, each with an edgy quality to them. This is true of the new project. Written by Michael Jackson and Jerkins, and produced by Jackson and Jerkins, “Xscape” has further significance in that it is the one track on the album that was ‘contemporized’ by the producer who recorded it originally in the studio with Michael.

John Branca and John McClain, co-executors of the Estate of Michael Jackson said, “Michael was always on the cutting edge and was constantly reaching out to new producers, looking for new sounds. He was always relevant and current. These tracks, in many ways, capture that spirit. We thank L.A. Reid for his vision.”

XSCAPE is a long awaited collection of exciting new music that will thrill the legions of fans of one of the world’s most revered and best-selling artists, as well as attract a whole new generation discovering his artistry for the first time. In conjunction with the release of XSCAPE, Epic / Sony Music will launch an unprecedented global campaign with the One Sony sister companies, Sony Corporation, Sony Mobile Communications, and Sony Network Entertainment International drawing from all of Sony’s strengths and consumer reach.

"Michael has long been a treasured member of the larger Sony family," said Kazuo Hirai, President and CEO, Sony Corporation. "Starting with the release of ‘Off The Wall’ in 1979, Sony Music Entertainment has since released all of Michael’s recordings. We are thrilled and privileged to be collaborating as One Sony to celebrate Michael’s latest legacy, and bringing his fans an exclusive experience through our upcoming initiatives with our products and services."

More news about Michael Jackson’s upcoming album will be revealed in the coming weeks.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Admin on Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:15 am; edited 3 times in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

XSCAPE - LONG AWAITED NEW MUSIC FROM MICHAEL JACKSON-MAY 13 2014 - Page 7 Empty Re: XSCAPE - LONG AWAITED NEW MUSIC FROM MICHAEL JACKSON-MAY 13 2014

Post by MjjPureSoul Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:25 am

Great stuff. I'm looking forward to getting mine from HMV store, only b'cause I love the shops it's all part and parcel of the excitement and picking it from the store's rack!  bounce bounce Plus, I like to be able to see what I'm buying.
MjjPureSoul
MjjPureSoul

Back to top Go down

XSCAPE - LONG AWAITED NEW MUSIC FROM MICHAEL JACKSON-MAY 13 2014 - Page 7 Empty Re: XSCAPE - LONG AWAITED NEW MUSIC FROM MICHAEL JACKSON-MAY 13 2014

Post by Ploppy Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:17 am

It's just that it is hard for me to get to the shops and I don't do well with crowds. I'll live the excitement through you MjjPureSoul as you tell me all about picking up your copy. Of course I do get some excitement waiting for the delivery man!! bounce bounce 

XSCAPE - LONG AWAITED NEW MUSIC FROM MICHAEL JACKSON-MAY 13 2014 - Page 7 242871577  21 sleeps as of April 22nd...oooohaaaaaah
Ploppy
Ploppy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ploppy Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:47 am

It's me again MjjPureSoul. I think what's happening to me and my "over protection" of MJ and that Oprah interview is that I am reading Frank Cascio's book again and I am through the fun stuff and into the bad stuff that he went through with MJ...he would literally have taken a bullet for Michael. Michael was really giving Frank a lot of business affairs to take care of while he was doing Invincible and of course Blanket was just born so Michael was spreading himself quite then. We all know that there were so may "enablers" and "people taking advantage of Michael's goodwill" so Frank had 2 friends Court and Derek who Michael met and said that they could have full access to his books and to keep him from losing everything which they did quite well. Then Frank Dileo came back into the picture and started getting into MJ's head and saying things about Frank and his buddies and Michael had Court and Derek fired. Anyway without quoting the whole book I'm at the yukky part and I read at night just before going to bed so I think it gets into my subconscious and then I'm firing angry when I see or think I see people taking advantage of that wonderful loving soul we know as Michael Jackson. So again I'm sorry on my "flip out" about the Oprah interview.

Oh and guess what else my wonderful brain did all on it's own Rolling Eyes  I thought I would try to start my own memory forum like IJCSLuMJ has and so off I went following through the instructions. It's called Ploppy's Michael Jackson Favorites Pictures and Stories of Michael Jackson. Well I did it and started a topic to say hello and thought I would try to put a favorite photo in. I am so stupid and figuring out how to put a photo in. So when I realized I couldn't get a photo in I thought I would say so and say that I would be back later with more news. Well I can't even find the darn Forum. When I find it and click on it I just get the start up sheet that Admin has setup. I was so frustrated that I ended up having to write her a MP and ask what to do. She's going to politely ask me to leave one of these days...just kidding I hope.
Ploppy
Ploppy

Back to top Go down

Post by ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:19 pm

Aww Ploppy, those parts are always so sad ;(
LOL I'm sure admin will be happy to help you out!
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ

Back to top Go down

Post by ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:20 pm

Btw click on the link for another drool worthy pic Laughing
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Ploppy Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:27 pm

OMG can it be that hard to insert a picture...you have a gazillion of them. I think I'm sort of understanding how you are showing them to me as I have to go through a link. All of your drool worthy pictures are in an ordinary folder on your desktop? And then you access ones that you want to share by giving it some kind of address. The pics that I took from Goggle - Michael Jackson Pictures are all JPEG and give the size like 256 x 192 and 9.11kb. I hope I'm not biting off more than I can handle. I may have to live through your pics...which "ain't" too bad to do.
Ploppy
Ploppy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ploppy Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:30 pm

Me again...just noticed that you are 15 years young and the technical information is your world where my "world" started with old typewriters that you had to push really hard on to make the key hit the paper!! Laughing Laughing Laughing 
Ploppy
Ploppy

Back to top Go down

Post by ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:27 pm

LOL! I posted the link because I forgot to resize the pic so I didn't want any of it to be cut off. I am on my tablet and I have a gallery with diffrent folders for like candids, Moonwalker, photoshoots, bad tour ect. ect. So I just tap gallery when I want to upload a pic then find the pic I want then tap on it. And they all have their own title
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Ploppy Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:04 pm

Gosh it sounds so easy when you type it to me. I guess I really am from "old school" I have to see it being done, don't seem to do well with reading about it. Was like that in school too. You kids nowadays are geniuses.
Ploppy
Ploppy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ploppy Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:07 pm

While I was waiting I had a thought (could be dangerous using my brain). I should check out taking a course on doing this. I think there is a place just up the street from me that helps kids and adults learn new skills to get jobs and get off the streets. Because of my disability I would qualify to take the program and I believe it is free...covered by the government. I'm going to check that out tomorrow Smile 
Ploppy
Ploppy

Back to top Go down

Post by ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:14 pm

LOL well I'm a visual learner too, so its kind of hard for me to type things out when I am dying to make a video and send it to you Laughing I think it would be a wonderful idea to take that class Smile
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Ploppy Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:56 pm

I "bookmarked" a couple of the videos that PureSoul sent so I can watch them.  I have to see if "Bookmarks" has a place to make folders because I've saved a lot of stuff in there.

I think I already posted it but let's make sure

XSCAPE - LONG AWAITED NEW MUSIC FROM MICHAEL JACKSON-MAY 13 2014 - Page 7 242871577   21 sleeps as of Tuesday, April 22nd and we can all have our very own copy of Xscape XSCAPE - LONG AWAITED NEW MUSIC FROM MICHAEL JACKSON-MAY 13 2014 - Page 7 3260566286
Ploppy
Ploppy

Back to top Go down

Post by ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:20 pm

Weee! I am so excited about Xscape!
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Ploppy Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:28 am

ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ along with MjjPureSoul you 2 keep me so up and happy and like MjjPureSoul said she looks forward to going to the store to get her copy on May 13 when I told her that I had pre-ordered mine from Amazon to be delivered on May 13 and I'm sure you too will be looking forward to going shopping for it, it made me chuckle because I also would love to be able to be at the store seeing all the fans and the excitement but I will get my excitement by waiting for the delivery guy to knock on my door and hand it to me. I find crowds drag me down but I will be thinking of you ladies out shopping. Wasn't it exciting me finding that article about Xscape being released in the HELLO Magazine, Canada edition. I was so happy to be able to share it. Have you spotted any promotion on it? I see that the 13th of May is a Tuesday and all will be at work in my building so the DVD player will be blasting. I'm going to see if I can get a new more up to date one with Blu Ray before then. When I bought the BAD 25 Anniversary package I got BAD ear plugs which are awesome and I still haven't worn the T-shirt. Don't know what I'm saving it for I should be enjoying it! Have you noticed that my number of posts are growing...not anywhere near your 2073 and you joined a few months ahead of me. And I think when I put my standee up on my wall I will put the poster up too from the Anniversary kit. You and MjjPureSoul have got me all excited I have a cork board that I think I will also put up and ad smaller things on MJ like that promotional piece on Xscape. If I'm going to start "living" with MJ then he's going to be a presence in the bedroom!!! Look forward to talking tomorrow sweetie.
Ploppy
Ploppy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ploppy Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:38 pm

Hello ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ and MjjPureSoul what sad news I received this morning  my Michael standee leaning on the red car is not available nor will it be available...boohoo Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad So I had to order another one since I was so excited to have one and start to fill my bedroom wall and I picked the BAD one that ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ just received the other day.  I am now starting all over waiting 10-11 working days!
I finished my Frank Cascio book (again) last night so I think I will start on something more light and re-read Moonwalk.
Also I think I might try for 1/2 hour maybe in finding my personal forum page. Oops change that a neighbour just called and needs to talk to someone. I'll look for my forum later. Love you all.

XSCAPE - LONG AWAITED NEW MUSIC FROM MICHAEL JACKSON-MAY 13 2014 - Page 7 242871577    20 more sleeps as of Wednesday, April 23rd and we have our copy of Xscape   XSCAPE - LONG AWAITED NEW MUSIC FROM MICHAEL JACKSON-MAY 13 2014 - Page 7 1253309146
Ploppy
Ploppy

Back to top Go down

Post by ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:58 pm

Awww that sucks Ploppy, but the one you are getting WON'T be a disappointment, I can guarantee you that! Its worth the wait!
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Ploppy Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:52 pm

Well yours was awesome and Michael was so handsome I'm sure that I will be very happy.

I was nosy like Michael and looked at your profile and I see that you have a list of friends too just like Admin has. I want to have one of those darn it.
Ploppy
Ploppy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ploppy Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:55 pm

Hey there I just checked my profile and I have a friend...MjjPureSoul is shown there!!! eeeeooow
Ploppy
Ploppy

Back to top Go down

Post by ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:05 am

Soo handsome!!

LOL its ok to be nosey Smile you'll get the hang of it soon enough :●)
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ

Back to top Go down

Post by ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:10 am

Btw I'm on your friends list now!!! I just looked to see if I had any in coming requests and yes I did. Smile
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Ploppy Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:36 am

Cool my 2 best friends are now on my friends list. I'm a happy camper. And thanks for not minding me having to get the same standee as you. You know now that I see it up close when I ordered it, it really is a hot picture of him...especially to wake up to every day!!
Ploppy
Ploppy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ploppy Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:43 am

I just checked my profile and there you are - thanks for being my friend. Big Hugs. I also can't believe that I have 143 posts to date. It's always the little things that make me so happy. I'm going to give a quick try to see if I can get into my Private forumotion. Let you know. Thanks for the pointer that I must log in and out of that program.
Ploppy
Ploppy

Back to top Go down

Post by ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:08 pm

Oh yeah no problem Smile
I don't mind at all that you are gettinh the same one, I found a BAD stand up on Amazon for 30 something dollars and I might buy it soon!
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Ploppy Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:34 pm

Hello to all

Just read the April 28th issue of People magazine - wow - "Michael Jackson's ex-wife Debbie Rowe, 55, and the late singer's onetime producer Marc Schaffel, 49, are engaged. Rowe, who initially declined the March proposal, had a change of heart, telling TMZ, "He loves me, knows my kids, loves my kids, and we'll see where this goes." This is the second marriage for Rowe. She and Jackson were married for three years in 1996 and had two children together, Prince, 17, and Paris, 16."

Wow, all the best to them. I remember seeing Marc's name mentioned a lot with Michael's.

XSCAPE - LONG AWAITED NEW MUSIC FROM MICHAEL JACKSON-MAY 13 2014 - Page 7 242871577  19 sleeps as of Thursday, April 24th
Ploppy
Ploppy

Back to top Go down

Post by MjjPureSoul Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:56 pm

Hello ladies  Smile wow I see I have missed some great gossip here over the past few days  study Being busy takes me away from the poot Like it does, lol. Hope you're both good. Glad you got your friends file sussed, Ploppy. I myself was baffled on how it worked at first. so thanks to you IJCSLuMJ for giving us the instructions on how to add.  XSCAPE - LONG AWAITED NEW MUSIC FROM MICHAEL JACKSON-MAY 13 2014 - Page 7 3480612478 

Also, how disappointing for you Ploppy that you can't have your favourite Michael standee. I'm sure though you'll love the other just as much.

Remember ladies, if there's any Michael footage you'd like me to find for you please let me know and I'll see what I can do.

I know exactly how you feel Ploppy reading the unpleasant chapter in Frank's book concerning Court and Derek. Must admit my jaw dropped at reading that chapter and also the part where Michael got rid of poor Frank and replaced him for his younger Brother. I didn't know how to take that section too, where Michael had wound Frank up so much and lost his trust. Poor Frank was so eager to know who'd been stirring lies about him and Michael kept stringing him along by telling him 'Frank'? Don't get upset it's fine. Poor Frank.... he did nothing wrong he just took care of Michael the best he could. Wow, I don't think Frank could properly forgive him after that lol  bom 
MjjPureSoul
MjjPureSoul

Back to top Go down

Post by MjjPureSoul Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:10 pm

Blimey!!.... Shocked Shocked Surprised I've just seen your last post Ploppy regarding Debbie Rowe just tied the knot with Marc Schaffel  Surprised 

Not sure what to think of this  scratch I don't know much about this fella, what are your opinions ladies??? I didn't think Debs was interested in marrying anyone from Michael's circle since there weren't many people left that he could trust. I hope she's not married this guy for any other reason other than she genuinely looks up to him and also that he won't be getting any steamy gossip from her about their marriage. Hmmm  scratch 

Thanks for sharing this news with us Ploppy.
MjjPureSoul
MjjPureSoul

Back to top Go down

Post by Ploppy Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:02 pm

MjjPureSoul I'm guessing by now you realize that they are just engaged. Apparently he had proposed in March and she said no then she started thinking how much he liked the kids and how much the kids liked him and then thought what the heck. Not sure if I saw when the wedding was going to be. It did show a pretty big size rock on her finger. With MJ I didn't see any rocks at all...I guess the bling was only for Elizabeth Taylor Laughing But I did hear that Katherine is dead set against the marriage because apparently Marc was involved in the making of a porn video and MJ did not like that. But for some reason, and I can't confirm it because I loaned my book out, the one by Joseph Vogel who was in the studio a lot with Michael it's the one where he describes each song on each album setting the moods Michael was in and who was participating etc. and I'm pretty sure that I saw Marc's name mentioned a lot...who knows...there's that gossip line happening again.
Well I'll wait to hear from you again. Like I said on my other chat I've missed not seeing any notifications that Magical was contacting me. Oh I just figured out that huge picture you get in the anniversary package well with me constructing a Michael Jackson wall I can now put that poster up.
Funny thing I was visiting a neighbour who were nice enough to adopt my 2 cats, one was a Russian Blue and the other was a Maine Coon cat when I got sick in 2007 - they wanted both cats and I didn't want them split up. I had found some "baby" pics of the Russian Blue, Quincy, who had passed away 2 years ago and I was showing them Shelley and Melody and I got to telling them how silly I was with my standee coming and putting up photos on my bedroom was 66 years young and out of the blue Shelley said that she still has pics of Xena and Wonder Woman in their spare room! Too funny. And she had all kinds of paraphernalia, like rings cups, necklaces so I thought maybe I should visit the MJ Collectible portal next time I'm in.

Well again I'll let you go. I get too excited talking with you and ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ.
Ploppy
Ploppy

Back to top Go down

Post by ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:57 pm

Haha guys you both are so wonderful, I always rely on your posts to perk me up Smile
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Ploppy Sat Apr 26, 2014 11:11 pm

I hear you my sweet...I know that feeling. Even just looking at both of your profile pics of Michael are a turn up of happiness feelings...he looks so soulful and of course...sexy!

I didn't feel that great yesterday and now I know it was because we hadn't chatted!!
Ploppy
Ploppy

Back to top Go down

Post by ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:50 am

Aww yeah, I have a few medicsl problems for me not to feel good but us not chatting doesn't help Laughing
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next