MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
MJ's L.O.V.E. Is Magical
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

XSCAPE - LONG AWAITED NEW MUSIC FROM MICHAEL JACKSON-MAY 13 2014

+5
MjjPureSoul
Ploppy
Capricious Anomaly
ljmissmj
Admin
9 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

XSCAPE - LONG AWAITED NEW MUSIC FROM MICHAEL JACKSON-MAY 13 2014 - Page 2 Empty XSCAPE - LONG AWAITED NEW MUSIC FROM MICHAEL JACKSON-MAY 13 2014

Post by Admin Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:30 pm

First topic message reminder :

XSCAPE - LONG AWAITED NEW MUSIC FROM MICHAEL JACKSON-MAY 13 2014

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

March 31, 2014

It was announced today that on May 13th Epic Records, in conjunction with the Estate of Michael Jackson, will release XSCAPE, an album of new music by the King of Pop, Michael Jackson. XSCAPE is executive produced by Epic Records Chairman and CEO L.A. Reid. After mining by the Estate of Jackson’s archives, Reid was granted unlimited access to the treasures spanning four decades of material on which Jackson had completed his vocals. Reid then teamed up top producers to “contemporize” the songs while retaining Jackson’s essence and integrity, creating the best music you’ve never heard.

The list of producers include global hitmakers Timbaland, Rodney Jerkins, Stargate and John McClain.

The new album will feature eight brand new recordings. A Deluxe Edition of XSCAPE will include a selection of the recordings in their original form. Both the standard and Deluxe Editions are available April 1st for pre-order on iTunes ( Smarturl.it/xscape ) and elsewhere.

The title of this album honors Michael’s album naming process. He always chose a song from the album to name his projects and, beginning with THRILLER, used only one word titles, each with an edgy quality to them. This is true of the new project.

John Branca and John McClain, co-executors of the Estate of Michael Jackson said, “Michael was always on the cutting edge and was constantly reaching out to new producers, looking for new sounds. He was always relevant and current. These tracks, in many ways, capture that spirit. We thank L.A. Reid for his vision.”

Full press release below and more news about Michael Jackson’s upcoming album will be revealed in the coming weeks.

XSCAPE - LONG AWAITED NEW MUSIC FROM MICHAEL JACKSON
OUT ON EPIC RECORDS MAY 13

EPIC CHIEF L.A. REID TEAMS UP WITH TOP PRODUCERS TO “CONTEMPORIZE” SONGS FROM ICONIC ARTIST’S ARCHIVE

March 31, 2014 — New York, NY — On May 13, Epic Records, in conjunction with the Estate of Michael Jackson, will release XSCAPE, an album of new music by the internationally beloved music icon and King of Pop, Michael Jackson. The project features eight new tracks, which the world will be hearing for the very first time on the new album. For the ultimate fan experience, XSCAPE will also be available in a Deluxe Edition, which includes all of the sourced Michael Jackson recordings in their original form. The XSCAPE standard and Deluxe Editions are available for pre-order beginning April 1 on iTunes.com/MichaelJackson and elsewhere, and available at all retailers worldwide on May 13.

XSCAPE is executive produced by Epic Records Chairman and CEO L.A. Reid, who, after an initial mining of Jackson’s archives by the Estate, was granted unlimited access to the treasures representing four decades of material on which Jackson had completed his vocals.

Reid curated the final list of recordings to deliver to the producers, who retooled the production to add a fresh, contemporary sound that retains Jackson’s essence and integrity. It’s a process Reid calls “contemporizing.” The album’s lead producer, Timbaland was one of a handful of producers Reid believed had the gravitas, depth and range to creatively engage with Jackson’s work. Additional producers include global hitmakers Rodney Jerkins, Stargate, Jerome “Jroc” Harmon and John McClain.

“Modern music and artistry would look and sound completely different if not for the groundbreaking contributions Michael Jackson gifted to the world,” remarked L.A. Reid. “Michael left behind some musical performances that we take great pride in presenting through the vision of music producers that he either worked directly with or expressed strong desire to work with. We are extremely proud and honored to present this music to the world.”

The title of this album honors Michael’s album naming process. He always chose a song from the album to name his projects and, beginning with THRILLER, used only one word titles, each with an edgy quality to them. This is true of the new project. Written by Michael Jackson and Jerkins, and produced by Jackson and Jerkins, “Xscape” has further significance in that it is the one track on the album that was ‘contemporized’ by the producer who recorded it originally in the studio with Michael.

John Branca and John McClain, co-executors of the Estate of Michael Jackson said, “Michael was always on the cutting edge and was constantly reaching out to new producers, looking for new sounds. He was always relevant and current. These tracks, in many ways, capture that spirit. We thank L.A. Reid for his vision.”

XSCAPE is a long awaited collection of exciting new music that will thrill the legions of fans of one of the world’s most revered and best-selling artists, as well as attract a whole new generation discovering his artistry for the first time. In conjunction with the release of XSCAPE, Epic / Sony Music will launch an unprecedented global campaign with the One Sony sister companies, Sony Corporation, Sony Mobile Communications, and Sony Network Entertainment International drawing from all of Sony’s strengths and consumer reach.

"Michael has long been a treasured member of the larger Sony family," said Kazuo Hirai, President and CEO, Sony Corporation. "Starting with the release of ‘Off The Wall’ in 1979, Sony Music Entertainment has since released all of Michael’s recordings. We are thrilled and privileged to be collaborating as One Sony to celebrate Michael’s latest legacy, and bringing his fans an exclusive experience through our upcoming initiatives with our products and services."

More news about Michael Jackson’s upcoming album will be revealed in the coming weeks.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Admin on Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:15 am; edited 3 times in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

XSCAPE - LONG AWAITED NEW MUSIC FROM MICHAEL JACKSON-MAY 13 2014 - Page 2 Empty Re: XSCAPE - LONG AWAITED NEW MUSIC FROM MICHAEL JACKSON-MAY 13 2014

Post by May Michael Jackson Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:22 pm

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO LOOKING FORWARD TO MAY 13TH!!! XSCAPE - LONG AWAITED NEW MUSIC FROM MICHAEL JACKSON-MAY 13 2014 - Page 2 2314032827 
May Michael Jackson
May Michael Jackson

Back to top Go down

XSCAPE - LONG AWAITED NEW MUSIC FROM MICHAEL JACKSON-MAY 13 2014 - Page 2 Empty Re: XSCAPE - LONG AWAITED NEW MUSIC FROM MICHAEL JACKSON-MAY 13 2014

Post by ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:25 pm

I am too!!! Ironically its the same day I get my bottom braces put on, so I really won't forget Laughing still excited none the less
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ

Back to top Go down

Post by corlista Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:16 pm

“…we have to remember that it’s a pretty astonishing barrel to be scraping.” Got that right!
“…it’s clear that they’ve also paid homage to the sound that turned MJ into a cultural icon.” Yes!
“… MJ’s holy trinity of albums Off The Wall, Thriller and Bad.” Love some of his later albums even more but the holy trinity reference is perfect.
“Its potential for some other-worldly choreography is palpable, which provokes a sad tinge of what could’ve been.” :-(((
“… the music god who effortlessly rolled soul, R&B, electronica, rock and pop into soundscapes of brilliance.” Love “music god”. :-))
“…gems that remind you of just how important Michael Jackson was – and let’s face it, not many other artists can release their cutting room floor cast-offs and it can still sound this good.” My favorite. Yes, he was mega important and his “cast-offs” are still better than most artists today.
Sorry for the long post but I love how this guy writes and it’s just so NICE to read an article abt Michael that doesn’t have some zinger buried somewhere!!!
corlista
corlista

Back to top Go down

Post by corlista Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:20 pm

MJJ, Ploppy & IJCSLUMJ -- Thx. I'm glad you like it. IMO, he just writes so respectfully abt Michael.
corlista
corlista

Back to top Go down

Post by Ploppy Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:22 pm

Corlista - you write as much as you want because we all want to hear everything positive about MJ and his so many gifts that entertained (and continue to do so) and made us feel so happy.  I keep praying and hoping that the 3 souls that I see first when I transition to the other side is my best friend, Dylan (my Lab/Border Collie cross), my step-mother, June, and Michael Joe Jackson. I will reiterate to him how much his fanmily loves him and how much fun we have keeping his legacy alive. XSCAPE - LONG AWAITED NEW MUSIC FROM MICHAEL JACKSON-MAY 13 2014 - Page 2 3455354099 XSCAPE - LONG AWAITED NEW MUSIC FROM MICHAEL JACKSON-MAY 13 2014 - Page 2 3906354512 XSCAPE - LONG AWAITED NEW MUSIC FROM MICHAEL JACKSON-MAY 13 2014 - Page 2 4027144911 XSCAPE - LONG AWAITED NEW MUSIC FROM MICHAEL JACKSON-MAY 13 2014 - Page 2 2034332820    Wow I justwent through all of the emoticons...wow wow wow
Ploppy
Ploppy

Back to top Go down

Post by ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:35 pm

I love everything about that post Corlista! I love reading positive things about Michael! And what could be more positive then a new album!
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ

Back to top Go down

Post by corlista Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:15 pm

Hey, girls.  Two more:

No matter how hard this woman tries to stonewall the blonde guy, he just keeps coming back.

It's almost more than I can process - all this positivity abt our Michael.

Ploppy - as one who lost both of my black labs in the last 1 1/2 yrs, my heart melted at your comment abt Dylan.  And, yes, it will make moving to the next life easier knowing I will finally get to see Michael.
corlista
corlista

Back to top Go down

Post by ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:19 pm

Thanx for the 2 more Corlista! Ploppy so sorry to hear about your dogs, but one day you'll see them again and we'll see Michael!
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ

Back to top Go down

Post by MjjPureSoul Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:36 pm

Oops  Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad I hate hearing about people losing their beloved pets because I've been there too. It's like having your heart ripped out, it's so awful. Please read about the 'Rainbow Bridge' it's absolutely heart-warming and gives much peace and assurance for us when our time comes. I'm in my element when I'm around dogs because they mean the world to me they are such an important part in our lives and so precious. I do fostering for them by keeping them safe from their violent and abusive family homes and have to say how rewarding and fulfilling it is to take care of them. I also volunteer at one of the rescue centres.

Sorry this took us a bit OT but I know Michael would welcome our talks on losing and loving doggies  XSCAPE - LONG AWAITED NEW MUSIC FROM MICHAEL JACKSON-MAY 13 2014 - Page 2 3480612478 XSCAPE - LONG AWAITED NEW MUSIC FROM MICHAEL JACKSON-MAY 13 2014 - Page 2 3480612478 XSCAPE - LONG AWAITED NEW MUSIC FROM MICHAEL JACKSON-MAY 13 2014 - Page 2 3480612478 XSCAPE - LONG AWAITED NEW MUSIC FROM MICHAEL JACKSON-MAY 13 2014 - Page 2 2848523593 XSCAPE - LONG AWAITED NEW MUSIC FROM MICHAEL JACKSON-MAY 13 2014 - Page 2 744714710 
MjjPureSoul
MjjPureSoul

Back to top Go down

Post by corlista Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:37 pm

Bless you, MJJ, for volunteering and fostering which, I think, wld be extremely difficult when the time came to let go. Michael wld love you for what you do.
PS - I have RB!
corlista
corlista

Back to top Go down

Post by ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:52 pm

Aww PureSoul! I've highly considered fosterinh kittens, I just love them so much!
anyway back on topic! Anyone heard anything about the track list for Xscape?
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ

Back to top Go down

Post by corlista Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:04 pm

There's been a lot of conjecture (Blue Gangsta, Do U Know Where Your Children Are, STTR, etc) but the Estate has yet to release it so no one knows for sure.
corlista
corlista

Back to top Go down

Post by ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:08 pm

Oh ok, thats what I've heard too. I sware I hope Blue Gangsta is on there and STTR I have never heard those
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ

Back to top Go down

Post by corlista Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:25 pm

Michael is #2 in Worldwide Itune ratings (just behind Pharrell) Laughing  bounce  cheers !!  Yeah!!!!
corlista
corlista

Back to top Go down

Post by ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:55 pm

ALRIGHT MICHAEL!!!
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Ploppy Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:29 pm

Tiny bit more OT - Dylan was a St. John Ambulance Therapy Dog for 8 years and we visited seniors in Retirements Homes and Long Term facilities. I was the co-ordinator and caught wind of a program from the USA called READ (Reading Education Assisted Dogs) and children who had trouble reading would be taken from their class for 1/2 and they would read to the dog. It was proven that the child would improve one grade in reading after 6 weeks of reading to the dogs. The kids even made members of their family listen to the practice their reading because they would be reading to the dog that week! I know that MJ won't mind hearing these OT stories because he loved all animals. How hard is it to wait until May 13. It is Wednesday, April 2 at 11:25 pm here in Ontario Canada about 1.5 hours from Toronto and I'm getting ready to go to bed so I have 41 sleeps until I can get a copy of Xscape! It's like counting sleeps until it's Christmas.

Big Hugs to my MJ fanmily.
Ploppy
Ploppy

Back to top Go down

Post by ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:35 pm

Wow Ploppy thats cool!
yeah or waiting for your birthday!! Eek this is like Christmas and Birthday rolled into one!!!
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ

Back to top Go down

Post by corlista Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:41 pm

Lovely story abt reading to the dogs esp hearing it as a former teacher.
"41 sleeps until I can get a coot of Xscape." Made me smile.
corlista
corlista

Back to top Go down

Post by Ploppy Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:45 pm

I think I will PM you Admin because I want a real picture of MJ. Again, it is probably so simple but I just can't grasp it. I thought I would cutting and pasting but that didn't work. Thanks for being so indulgent with me...and so very kind...just as MJ would want his Admin to be!
Ploppy
Ploppy

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:21 pm

YW Ploppy. I see you saw my PM.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:23 pm

@Corlista: TY for posting the article links. Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by corlista Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:47 pm

Admin, you're welcome.  :-)

Here's a link to a poll abt what's trending on grammy.com.
I think you can still vote.
Michael is winning @ 85%!  Next closest is Remembering Curt Cobain @ 6%.   cheers  king
corlista
corlista

Back to top Go down

Post by ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:03 pm

Yayy Ploppy congrats on getting that avatar up!
thank you Corlista for the link!
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Ploppy Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:42 pm

I voted for Xscape of course and I just love my MJ picture. I'm just like my MJ fanmily now.
Ploppy
Ploppy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ploppy Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:45 pm

40 more sleeps XSCAPE - LONG AWAITED NEW MUSIC FROM MICHAEL JACKSON-MAY 13 2014 - Page 2 4027144911 
Ploppy
Ploppy

Back to top Go down

Post by ljmissmj Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:40 am

MJ FAM - we are on the brink of a new shiny era... a brand new fabulous era...The KING OF LOVE AND MUSIC will lead the way

2014 the XSCAPE era begins............

LONG LIVE MICHAEL'S LEGACY!!!!
ljmissmj
ljmissmj

Back to top Go down

Post by ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ Fri Apr 04, 2014 5:00 pm

ooh XSCAPE era, I like the sound of that!!
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ
ijustcan'tstoplovinguMJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Ploppy Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:35 pm

I believe that Michael will surpass "eras" and go on for "eons".  For now though "eras" are great because in 39 sleeps we will "Xscape" with music from our main man

XSCAPE - LONG AWAITED NEW MUSIC FROM MICHAEL JACKSON-MAY 13 2014 - Page 2 2976365378
Ploppy
Ploppy

Back to top Go down

Post by corlista Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:26 pm

"...in 39 sleeps we will Xscape with music from our main man."

So sweet.  Made me smile, Ploppy!
 XSCAPE - LONG AWAITED NEW MUSIC FROM MICHAEL JACKSON-MAY 13 2014 - Page 2 3256681198
corlista
corlista

Back to top Go down

Post by Ploppy Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:49 pm

what an awesome smile on your MJ profile picture.  I love seeing photos of his beautiful smile.

XSCAPE - LONG AWAITED NEW MUSIC FROM MICHAEL JACKSON-MAY 13 2014 - Page 2 3948275921
Ploppy
Ploppy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next